Company: Summit Design and Engineering Services
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Survey Transportation Technician
Summit Design and Engineering Services is hiring an experienced
Survey Transportation Technician with NCDOT survey experience to
work in Fayetteville, NC.
* Operate and maintain various surveying instruments (Trimble GPS
Rover and Robot) to measure and verify construction layout on NCDOT
* Interpret roadway and structure plans.
* Keep various project records/reports.
* Take field measurements of various completed items and make
calculations to determine contract pay quantities.
Skills and Qualifications:
* High School diploma or equivalent with three years of field
survey experience OR an Associate's Degree in Geomatics or
Surveying with one year of field survey experience.
* Understanding of NCDOT Projects and nomenclature (Stations,
Alignments, Offsets, etc.)
* Proficient in the use of Trimble Surveying Equipment and
Software, Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), Outlook, iPads,
Dropbox and/or OneDrive.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Must be able to walk over rough and uneven terrain and be able to
stand up to 12 hours a day on occasion.
* Must have the ability to bend, stoop, kneel and twist, use hands
to grasp and arms to reach, to raise hands above head, to sit,
climb and balance and to work in confined spaces and heights.
* Must be able to lift up-to 50 pounds, on occasion.
* Valid Driver's license with good driving record and ability to
Operating as Summit since 2004, we are a compact engineering and
design firm structured to adapt quickly and offer clients the most
current technology, innovative design solutions and comprehensive
project management for turn-key delivery. We know that one size
rarely fits all. That's why we look at the individual needs of
every project and match it with our proven technical expertise and
experience. We are headquartered in Hillsborough, North Carolina,
with offices in Raleigh, Asheville, Fayetteville, Pittsboro, Indian
Trail, and Wilmington. Summit also has offices in Richmond,
Franklin and South Boston, VA, Ft. Mill, SC & St. Petersburg, FL.
For the past six years we have been named one of the fastest
growing companies in the Research Triangle area.
Why Work for Summit?
We foster a caring and collaborative work environment that also
encourages commitment to the communities that we serve, our
employees and clients will succeed together. We strive to be
integral to the success of the communities we build. We maintain a
close-knit team culture where we measure our success by the success
of our people and clients. We can help you take your career to the
Criminal and driving background will be performed and must be in
good standing. Summit Design and Engineering is an Equal
opportunity employer/affirmative action. E-verify
Keywords: Summit Design and Engineering Services, Fayetteville , Construction Surveyor, Professions , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!