Company: Watson Electrical
Posted on: January 16, 2022
General Summary: Electrical Foremen report to a Supervisor and
are responsible for the management of jobs and/or work orders
assigned to them. All work must be performed in accordance with the
policies and procedures of the company. Work will consist of
installation, alterations, additions and/or repairs of electrical
systems, conductors and associated materials and equipment within
the commercial, industrial and residential electrical construction
industry.Mandatory Hiring Requirements: Resume, References,
Background Check, Drug Screen Testing, Valid State Driver s
License, Journeyman License preferred but not required.Benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Short Term and Long
Term Disability, Holidays, Vacation, 401K plan, and Direct
Deposit.Preferred Job Skills: Basic computer and software skills,
current knowledge of NEC, time management and organizational skills
necessary to complete job-site-related paperwork, planning,
directing and coordinating work crews, superior oral and written
communication, safe operation of hand tools and powered equipment,
accountability for work layout, safety enforcement, and the
physical security of material, tools, equipment and company
vehicles.Responsibilities: Work within precise limits and standards
of accuracy and perform a variety of duties which may often change.
Must utilize reason and logic to perform various mathematical
operations rapidly and accurately. Visualize detail in objects,
plans and drawings in order to recognize slight differences in
shapes or shadings. Possess the ability to picture flat drawings as
3-dimensional objects. Will be directly responsible for work
layout, leading and working with a crew, and assuring that
materials/tools/equipment and information are staged on the job
site in the proper places ahead of time.1. Plan new or modified
installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for
future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable
wiring, consistent with specifications and national and local
codes.2. Prepare sketches showing location of wiring and equipment,
or follow diagrams or blueprints, insuring that work is installed
as required.3. Observe functions of installed equipment or system
to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or
replacement.4. Repair faulty equipment or systems.5. Personnel
responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions (promotions, transfers
discharges, and disciplinary measures).
- Analyze and resolve work problems, and/or assist workers in
solving work problems.
- May train new workers.
- Interpret company policies to workers.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to
workers, and assign duties.
- Monitor the work being performed and direct the crew.6.
Complete required paperwork (time sheets, safety reports, accident
reports, etc.)7. Requisition and inspect materials.8. May be
required to do a re-estimate.9. Schedule work per the pace of the
job and other trades.10. Monitor and control the Company s
established policies concerning, but not limited to, the following:
- The Company s Substance Abuse Program.
- Vehicle usage.
- Hazardous Communication Program.
- Quality Assurance Program.Position Requirements:Licenses:
Current driver s license if required by job conditions; applicable
federal, state and local licenses as required by job conditions or
by the company.Certifications: Applicable federal, state and local
certifications as required by job conditions or by the
company.Education: High School Graduate, holder of G.E.D., or
equivalent Watson training.Experience: 3 to 5 Years working in the
electrical field as a foreman under an electrical contractor is
preferred, but 1 to 2 years working in the field as a foreman under
an electrical contractor is acceptable.Working Conditions:
- Work in all elements, depending on job location, time of year,
heat, cold, rain, snow.
- Ability to utilize construction site sanitary facilities
- Keep/wear required personal tools at all times (waist tool belt
as worn weighs approximately 30 lbs.).
- Work from all types of ladders and carry and relocate up to 12
step ladder unassisted.
- Employee s personal weight and personal tools cannot exceed the
rated weight capacity of ladders.
- Perform work at various heights using ladders, scaffolds,
aerial lifts, cat walks or other safe work areas.
- Work in restricted areas (switch gear room, manholes, utility
tunnels, crawl spaces and attics).
- Wear personal protective equipment as required in Safety
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and overtime as required, to
include night shifts and out of town (if needed).Skills:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate an entire activity or the
activities of others.
- Evaluate information and analyze problems logically to develop
- Express ideas clearly to others.
- Work with figures quickly and easily.
- Deal with people in actual job duties beyond giving and
- Work independently.
- Understand the meanings and relationships of words and use
- Work with numbers accurately to review budgets, materials, and
- Make decisions based on personal judgments.
- Perform a variety of duties that often change
- Deal with people in actual job duties and have agreeable
- See details and recognize errors in written material, numbers,
charts, or tables.
- Communicate effectively
- Comprehend and practice safe work procedures as outlined in
Company Safety Handbook.
- Operate company vehicles with manual and automatic
- Positively identify colors of wires.
- Comprehend reading and drawing prints and schematics of
- Bend conduit by hand with hand benders.
- Must have the ability to use required power tools
- Operate equipment, trenchers, lift trucks, etc. in a safe
- Capable of digging trenches, either by use of hand tools or
- Operate two handed tools and equipment as required.
- Read and interpret maps, instructional manuals, specifications,
work site directions, blue prints and written instructions.
- Operate and work from mechanical personnel lifts (electric or
- Work energized circuits and equipment as outlined in Safety
- Supervise assigned job site employees to complete
- Hear and see well (either naturally or with correction).
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel,
balance, push, pull and reach overhead.
- Lift objects weighing up to 100 pounds, with frequent lifting
and carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Constantly move on feet
- Climb ladders (all types).
- Complete overhead work for full day assignments.
- Responsible for securing tools and materials from storage areas
to complete assigned tasks.
- Repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers.This description
covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The
description shall not be interpreted as a complete listing of all
miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties, which may be required
from day to day.Watson Electrical Construction Company is an Equal
Keywords: Watson Electrical, Fayetteville , Electrical Foreman, Professions , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!