Company: C.R. England
Location: Tar Heel
Posted on: June 25, 2022
C.R. England is a stable, financially sound company with
opportunity for growth within the company. - As a 100-year leader
in transportation, C.R. England is hiring an After Hours Logistics
Coordinator -to grow its asset-based business out of our Tar Heel,
NC dedicated location. -Schedule: Sunday through Thursday 0700-1600
Why join us: -Stability: - The transportation industry is crucial
to the U.S. economy, making C.R. England a stable career choice. As
a 100 year-old leader in the transportation industry, we have grown
100% in the last decade. -Employee Value: - -2015 recipient of the
Achievers Award for Most Engaged Workplaces in the U.SBenefits:
-World class compensation and benefits packages, continuous
training and development, and a team-oriented cultureWork life
balance: -At C.R. England we value family both in our individual
homes and our company family; our culture embraces this philosophy
and fosters an environment to support both.Summary:The Logistics
Coordinator is at the very center of a fast-paced strategic
environment. Our customers require individuals who think
strategically and plan ahead of rapidly changing situations while
maintaining a positive team oriented attitude. Logistics
Coordinators must be organized and engaged with the team.Position
Responsibilities:The Logistics Coordinator key responsibilities are
to manage asset utilization and drivers to ensure a high delivery
of customer service and fleet profitability. Additionally, the
Logistics Coordinator assists, coaches and mentors drivers with all
training and administrative items. Responsibilities Essential job
requirements may include, but not limited to:
- Build and match planned freight to day cabs or condo trucks and
drivers. In a dedicated training environment, this will include
planning to coordinate trainers and trainees needs for hours and
- Review PTAs and driver's requests for time off or home time in
planning loads for same-day or next-day dispatching. Schedule work
and assign tasks to drivers.
- Coordinate with others in the department for awareness of
driver, freight, and asset availability. Identify concerns with
drivers who may need additional support, coaching, or disciplinary
action to supervisors and managers.
- Coordinate with Maintenance on trucks out of service or
returning to service to plan and dispatch accordingly.
- When available from customers, plan for future freight.
- -Track drivers, loads and receivers to ensure dispatching is
able to continue to run as planned. -
- In a Dedicated environment, coordinate backhauls to meet
customer's needs and keep freight, trucks, and trailers moving
- Maintain frequent contact with assigned drivers, monitoring
call-offs, fatigue concerns and equipment issues. In a dedicated
training environment, also includes ensuring trainees are working
appropriately to next phase of training and placement.
- With team drivers, ensuring loads assigned are appropriate for
teams and hours available.
- Monitor Hours of Service for dispatching and compliance.
- In a dedicated training environment, efforts should be focused
on routing trucks or drivers (solo) with capacity to a terminal for
- Handle urgent situations such as the need to recover truck,
freight, or driver, traffic, weather conditions or other unforeseen
circumstances that may prevent on-time delivery.
- Assist in orienting new drivers to fleets/accounts on proper
ways to communicate, report to work, and other scheduling
- Work with drivers who have unique scheduling needs or issues
that arise. Ensure coordination with supervisors and managers for
special items such as leaves of absence, extended time off requests
or concerns about meeting expectations. Job Requirements: Job
qualifications may include, but not limited to:
- Ability to work with office equipment, utilizing computers for
majority of tasks and must be familiar with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient with Excel and other reporting capabilities.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with drivers, other personnel,
customers, and management.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.Physical
- Capable of hearing, with our without correction, sufficiently
to perceive normal speaking levels and receive detailed information
through oral communication in order to facilitate meetings and work
with internal customers and stakeholders by telephone and in
- Position may involve kneeling, stooping, bending, pushing,
lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 25
- Capable of working extended hours, to include weekends,
holidays and various shifts (to include evening and night shifts)
- Capable of sitting at a desk for extended periods of time and
working with computer equipment.
- Capable of speaking, writing, and reading English well and
possessing a good command of the language so that various types of
communications may be conducted in English with people of various
levels of education and capabilities.
- Capable of visual acuity, with or without correction,
sufficient to prepare and analyze data and figures, view a computer
terminal, and read extensively.Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred but combination of college work and
experience will be considered.
- Prior logistical or planning experienced needed.
- Transportation or logistics industry experience preferred.
- Strong geographical knowledge with expertise in time and
distance requirements as it pertains to Department.
- Transportation regulations is needed.
- High school diploma or GED required.Working Environment and
- Must have the ability to work on more than one assignment at a
time with frequent interruptions, changes and/or delays.
- Must be able to remain focused and work effectively,
efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances.
- Must be able to handle incoming requests for assistance via
phone and in person while working on other tasks.
- Must remain professional in light of challenging situations
that may occur in the location.
- May be required to work in customer location. Must follow
customer rules and requirements in areas such as dress code,
access, hours, etc.
- Occasional travel by air or car.*CB*
Keywords: C.R. England, Fayetteville , Logistics Coordinator, Professions , Tar Heel, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!