Business Systems Analyst
Company: Wounded Warrior Project
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the
things people look for in a job.But if you're the kind of person
who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation's
wounded warriors and their families, then you're exactly the kind
of person we're looking for. When you join Wounded Warrior Project,
you're committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to
you too - helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to
serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.At Wounded
Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be accomplished
without our talented teammates, which is why we're proud to offer
benefits such as:
- A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days' work
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND
- Competitive pay and performance incentives
- A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environmentA
mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you're ready to
get started, we're ready for you.The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP)
Business Systems Analyst supports and maintains Information
Technology (IT) solutions for WWP. The Business Systems Analyst
gathers business requirements, creates and completes user
acceptance testing, serves as liaison among IT and WWP business
partners, providing technical and business solutions to meet user
needs. The Business Systems Analyst translates business and
functional requirements into technical specifications and works
with team members to test and implement changes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review, analyze, and critically evaluate user requests and
business systems to evaluate the business need for changes and
define associated deliverables.
- Review business functions, identify information needs and
functional requirements, evaluate output requirements and
- Document requirements, define scope and objectives, and
formulate systems to parallel business strategies.
- Translate business requirements into detailed user cases and
- Translate user stories into technical design requirements
- Support the business in creating and developing business
- Research, identify, and recommend creative solutions to solve
business systems challenges.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with team and business
- Participate in testing activities and writing test cases for QA
based upon project requirements.
- Recommend controls and proactively assess processes to reduce
risk and identify potential future issues.
- Define technical project requirements and adhere to project
milestones, phases, and elements.
- Maintain system protocols by writing and updating
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing information and trends.
- Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability documenting process flow charts and
mapping business ideas to technical solutions.
- Working knowledge of various sequential design processes and
modeling methodologies, e.g., Waterfall, Agile.
- Strong project management skills. Skillful in implementing
technology-enabled business solutions for clients.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, e.g. Visio,
- Demonstrated proficiency in Atlassian JIRA and Confluence.
- Ability to organize requirements by features and user stories
and create a backlog for use throughout the project lifecycle.
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze
information and identify and define problems.
- Strong collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to work
effectively as a team member and resolve problems. Ability to
influence others to gain consensus on the most effective
- Knowledge of technical best practices. Strong research
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to successful outcome,
providing excellent customer service to ensure project success and
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to present technical and
non-technical information clearly and concisely to various
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and recommend
mitigations for security concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and good
judgment when working with sensitive issues.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and manage
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Five years of experience as business systems analyst in a
technology environment utilizing software design processes and
- Three years of experience with system analysis principles,
methods, procedures, practices, and tools.Preferences:
- Five years of experience supporting web platforms and
technologies; or five years of experience supporting Finance,
Legal, or Human Resources applications and technologies; or five
years of experience supporting Salesforce and Business Intelligence
applications and technologies.
- Three years of experience with SQL queries and SQL Reporting
- Three years of experience with testing, documenting test cases,
and data mapping.
- Three years of project management
- Bachelor's degree. Equivalent combination of applicable
education, training, certification, or experience may be considered
in lieu of degree.Preferences:
- Bachelor's degree in business systems, computing, metrics, or
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURERequirements:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Up to 25% travel
- Routinely uses standard office equipment, e.g., copiers,
phones, computers, filing cabinets
- Sitting for extended periods
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 20 poundsWe recognize
the success of our mission depends on the efforts of our
passionate, hard-working teammates. To help teammates remain
focused on the warriors and families we serve, WWP offers a
comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical/Prescription
drug, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Short-term Disability,
Long-term Disability, and an Employee Assistance Program. WWP also
offers a 401(k) retirement plan, a competitive PTO package, Sick
Leave, Family Care Leave, Paid Holidays, Birthday Holiday,
Education Assistance, and Bereavement Leave.For Colorado
Applicants: The estimated hiring range for this position is between
$58,400 - $87,600 annual base salary,subject to a candidate's
combination of experience, qualifications, and credentials. This
position may also be eligible for an annual performance
incentive.For California, New York, and Washington Applicants: The
estimated hiring range for this position is between $67,160 -
$100,740 annual base salary,subject to a candidate's combination of
experience, qualifications, and credentials. This position may also
be eligible for an annual performance incentive.
*ca-pdWounded Warrior Project is an equal opportunity employer
committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship,
age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.Please note:
Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting
unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search
agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any
employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or
directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form
without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed
the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be
paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project
as a result of the referral or through other means."
Keywords: Wounded Warrior Project, Fayetteville , Business Systems Analyst, Professions , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!