Production Operator I
Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Talley Metals, a subsidiary of Carpenter Technology Corporation
in Hartsville, South Carolina, is a mini-mill supplying a variety
of sizes and specifications of high-quality round, square and
hexagonal stainless steel bars for distribution. Carpenter acquired
Talley in 1997 to increase manufacturing capacity within the
corporation's core Specialty Alloys Operations division.Production
Operator I--PRIMARY DUTIES
- Reads and implements order requirements that are described on
the work ticket.
- Consults with previous shift operators to assure a smooth
transition from shift to shift. Examples include determining
machine adjustments and material requirements for jobs that will be
- Set rollers and guides as specified by job requirements.
- Observes machine operation throughout the line or work area
with particular attention being made to safety, detection of work
piece defects and machine operation.
- Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine
operation and makes subsequent adjustments as required to achieve
proper dimensions and surface condition.
- When changes to a size occurs the operator checks and ensures
that uncoilers, pre-straighteners, peelers, straighteners, grinders
saws, and/or sander/polishers are set up properly for the new job.
The operator replaces parts and makes adjustments as
- Ensures that chip buckets are changed-out with each new
grade-type that is processed.
- Changes straightener rollers as required.REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
- Ability to work in a team environment and follow
instructionsCarpenter Technology Company offers a competitive
salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life,
medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability
coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other
options to employees.Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is
to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment
opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ
affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and
develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age,
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other
characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit,
develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with
disabilities and protected veterans.
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Fayetteville , Production Operator I, Professions , Darlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...