Company: Labor Finders
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Are you an ace with a tape measure and power tools? Do you like
cutting and shaping all kinds of materials and know your way around
a worksite? Are you interested in learning skills and training from
experts, while getting paid at the same time? Well if this appeals
to you, then we have a great opportunity for you as a Carpenter
Carpenter Helper and related jobs may require the following:
- Assisting carpenters on job sites with various tasks and
- Cleaning job sites and servicing machines and equipment.
- Cutting, fitting and installing insulation, tile or
- Spreading adhesives on flooring to prep for tile.
- Building scaffolding, shoring, and braces.
- Cutting or drilling holes in timber and lumber to specified
- Holding timbers, lumber, and paneling in place for fastening or
- Assisting in the layout of foundation, building lines, and
- Setting hollow metal doors, frames and framing wood.
- Installing trim, cabinets and toilets.
- Loading and unloading materials from trucks.
- Smoothing and sanding surfaces using power sanders.
- Measuring, cutting, and shaping wood, plastic, and other
- Loading job materials into installation trucks and securing
- Protecting flooring, cabinet and customer appliances (laying
down drop cloths, etc.).
- Carefully assessing, cleaning, and inspecting work area for
possible damage before leaving job site.
- Adhering to all safety procedures and practices including
drug-free workplace policy.
- Obtaining required technical knowledge to use various tools, or
- Completing on-the-job training programs; working with a mentor
and learning basic job and safety principles.
- Carrying or lifting heavy objects and to squat, kneel down,
bend, or crawl in awkward positions. You will need to have the
- Physical strength, hand-eye coordination, endurance, depth
perception, and ability to concentrate and to do the work.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English), and
ability to listen carefully to and follow instructions.
- Good math skills and accuracy in reading/understanding
- A positive attitude with strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environments.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good dexterity and attention to detail.
- Good organizational and time management skills to ensure timely
and thorough job completion.
- Previous carpentry experience is a strong advantage, but no
- Experience in construction is a bonus.
- Dependable transportation, a valid driver's license, and no
physical limitations to perform the tasks required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- U.S. citizen or proof of legal residency.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active - This job will keep you busy and constantly
moving throughout the day.
- Communication skills - provide information and coordinating
with supervisors, co-workers, and external partners to carry out
job logistics and daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity - gaining in-depth industry knowledge and
a variety of carpentry and construction skills.
- Teaching & mentoring skills - helping train and prepare new
employees for the job.
- Rewarding career - steady work and opportunities for
advancement to supervisory, independent contractor, or general
Keywords: Labor Finders, Fayetteville , Carpenter Helper, Professions , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...