Production Business Leader
Company: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Requisition ID: 119613
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position:
- Lead and manage the daily performance of the Business Center to
meet objectives (safety, quality, cost, and delivery).
- Provide direction, guidance, and follow-through regarding daily
and/or short-term production issues. Implement developed strategies
and provide input into operational and strategic planning.
- Drive the implementation of plant optimization activities to
improve engagement and to promote continuous improvement.
- Monitor expenditures including labor, waste, maintenance and
production. Provide input to Business Center Manager (BCM)
regarding attainment of budget objectives.
- Lead, manage, and develop salaried direct reports. Direct the
BCM managerial team regarding daily performance. Manage the
training, staffing, and administration of the business center
hourly workforce. Assist in workforce planning and Annual Operating
Plan (AOP) development.
- Safety: Responsible for driving a zero-incident culture through
implementation of safety systems. Follow up on all near misses,
accidents, and unsafe acts to yield the required results.
- Quality: Responsible for product integrity, including
conformance to specifications. Must have systems that ensure
product meets legal, technical, and quality standards.
- Cost: Responsible for managing to budget. Actively manage
overtime and labor costs. Influence other cost items including
inventory levels, maintenance, spend, and waste. Audit cost systems
- Delivery: Responsible for the daily delivery of quality product
on time to internal and/or external customer(s). Coordinate with
other business centers regarding production requirements. Provide
direction to manage through unexpected obstacles and ensure BCM is
aware of all unforseen situations.
- Optimization: Provide daily direction in the evolution of the
business center optimization. Provide leadership and management to
salaried direct reports. Responsible to assist the BCM in
- Bachelors degree or in lieu of degree 10 or more years of
experience in manufacturing and supervision required
- Masters degree preferred
- 5 or more years of manufacturing management experience,
including managing a budget and managing staff/other managers with
- 10 or more years of manufacturing management experience,
including managing a budget and managing staff/other managers
Skills and Abilities:
- Manufacturing leadership of a multi-discipline team
- Knowledge of plant optimization manufacturing techniques
- Understanding of financial information related to manufacturing
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs
about 74,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities
in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in
Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop
state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and
performance standard for the industry. For more information about
Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to that individual's race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online
application, or any other part of the employment process, please
contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity
laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Keywords: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company, Fayetteville , Production Business Leader, Professions , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!