Retail Assistant Manager (Sales)
Company: The Talbots Inc
Location: Southern Pines
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Number: 16358
Position Title: Sales Manager
At Talbots, we help our customers look and feel their best. The
Talbots Sales Manager (SM) partners with the Store Manager or
General Manager (the "Manager") to lead the team in creating a
hospitable environment for customers and associates alike. The SM
is a role model for creating exceptional customer experiences and
building enduring relationships both internally and externally. The
SM is responsible for driving the business forward within his/her
store specifically as it relates to selling and building enduring
* Is customer-centric and understands the importance exceptional
service contributes in growing store sales.
* Driven to create, build and cultivate relationships with
customers, Talbots associates and the community with a focus on
prospecting and establishing a strong clientele from existing and
* Ambitious and enthusiastic in creating an environment for both
the store and team to succeed.
* Reinforces consistent selling and service standards through
coaching, training and accountability.
* Passionate about selling and seeks organized, thoughtful ways to
drive new traffic into the store.
* Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of
integrity, fiscal responsibility, critical thinking, and leadership
* Has strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in
a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
* Professional, assertive and friendly with the ability to make
* Model professionalism, strong work ethic, integrity and respect
for others creating an environment that positions Talbots as an
employer of choice.
* Educate, coach, mentor and inspire Client Specialists based on
their individual strengths, opportunities and needs. This includes
onboarding new talent, sharing product knowledge, wardrobing
/fashion trends, driving key performance indicators, etc.
* Model exceptional customer service and relationship-building
behaviors to drive customer loyalty
* and a sustainable sales trend.
* Create a collaborative, team environment where all associates are
held accountable and proud to uphold the same standards, policies
and procedures. Provide coaching and feedback when necessary and
address performance/disciplinary action when required.
* Assists management in leading the team as needed.
* Stay abreast of the business and competitive landscape, fashion
trends and key business drivers to strategically identify
opportunities that will maximize sales and ensure financial goals
* Analyze store reports leveraging store's historical sales data
with current sales goals to establish achievable stretch goals for
individual and team performance.
* Strategically identify, target and cultivate relationships within
the community that align with the brand and can help drive
Sales and Service:
* Model sales and service excellence creating a selling culture
where all associates align around the needs of our customers.
* Seeks to understand customer needs & wants with curiosity and
confidence through intentional conversation.
* Use company resources and personal leadership to facilitate and
sustain a strong selling environment that holds associates
accountable for achieving productivity standards.
* Exhibit knowledge of industry trends and competitive activity and
share this knowledge with the team.
* Lead associates in consistently marketing Talbots brand
initiatives to achieve key sales and service metrics.
* Demonstrate strong planning and organizational skills to
proactively contact clientele with the intent to sell in a way that
is relevant, timely and meaningful for her.
* Professionally represent the brand image and ensure all
associates meet same standards.
* Support areas of operational excellence as needed.
* Plan and prioritize tasks and responsibilities to meet the needs
of the customer and business.
* Protect company assets and maintain a safe work environment.
* Follow all company policies and procedures as well as local,
state, and federal employment laws.
* Two or more years of specialty retailing experience preferred
with an emphasis on selling. One year of leadership experience
* Strong sales experience preferred with demonstrated ability to
meet or exceed performance standards.
* An essential function of the job is the ability to work a
flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* An essential function of the job is the ability to move about in
a store including standing, walking,
* kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, using stairs, carrying,
bending, stretching, twisting, or reaching out with the body, arms,
or legs, pulling and lifting objects up to 40 pounds. Sometimes
these movements are made quickly and repeatedly.
* An essential function of the job is the ability to navigate
computer/handheld systems with intermediate computer and
* Able to work cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
* Able to relocate and open to opportunities in other areas of the
* High school degree required. College degree preferred.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general
nature of work being performed by associates assigned to this job.
It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and
responsibilities and is subject to change.
Community / Marketing Title: Retail Assistant Manager (Sales)
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's
clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company
is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely,
fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots
relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who
bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can
enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer
modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of
sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications
from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a
candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of
the position under consideration and are made without regard to
race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category
protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing
reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If
you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the
position you are seeking or to participate in the application
process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make
reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or
employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue
hardship on the operations of the Company's business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Southern Pines, North Carolina
Keywords: The Talbots Inc, Fayetteville , Retail Assistant Manager (Sales), Sales , Southern Pines, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!